Often called an all-in-one platform, BigCommerce is a fully hosted eCommerce platform. If you are a beginner, it is easy to get started with this platform.
BigCommerce hosts your site for you, provides the actual CMS platform itself, as well as handles security and backups for you.
- Since there is a trial plan, you can give BigCommerce a go before committing.
- You can either pay for a custom domain name or you can use a free domain name from this platform, which may look something like mystore.mybigcommerce.com.
- There are a variety of different ways for you to take payments through BigCommerce. This platform also allows customers to pay by credit, debit card, or digital wallets such as Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, and PayPal.
- BigCommerce provides support options, including email, phone support, community support, live chat, and others, all of which you can access 24/7straight from your dashboard.
- It is also possible for you can use BigCommerce with WordPress if you want to do so. That can give you the best of both CMS platforms.
- Compared with WooCommerce, BigCommerce doesn’t give you as much control over your store. There are limited integrations and themes which might prevent you from using a third-party service if you want to develop your business.
- Once your sales reach a certain threshold each year, you will be moved up to the next level of the pricing plan automatically, which could be difficult for those who have a lot of expenses.
BigCommerce requires you to pay a monthly subscription to use it. That means it is not so cost-effective as some other platforms. With all the plans, paying upfront annually instead of paying monthly can help you save a bit of money.
Standard, which is $29.95/month, for up to $50k/year sales, is the cheapest pricing plan. Meanwhile, the Pro plan for $249.85/month, which covers you up to $400k sales, is the priciest. You will need to get a custom Enterprise plan after this.