Changelog RVCMS / V 001.079
RenovatioCMS is always under development. The overview below gives some insight in the changes and enhancements that have been included in Version 001.079:
- Language management: A special language management page is included in the systems tools group. Users can use this tool to change standard system texts or add different translations to their website.
- Language buttons: Language buttons are now included in the ClassicSkin. When a site has been made multilingual, these buttons will automatically show up and allow visitors to switch between different languages.
- Close button in pop-ups: All pop-ups are now equipped with a close button that allows the user to close it without confirming or denying the message that is displayed.
- Language identification by using integers: Older versions use a string of 2 characters long (nl, en) to identify languages. Instead of this string, integers are used (11-99). This saves some storing space but more importantly, it considerably simplifies some scripts (for instance, the determination of the next unused language identifier).
- Taking removed languages into consideration: Since the introduction of language mangagement it is possible for one administrator to delete a language, while some other administrator is editing a translation of a document or menu item in that specific language. This possible conflict is taken care of.
- Correct menu display: In some browsers the menu structure as shown in the menu manager could become corrupt as a result of some parts of the HTML table being refreshed incorrectly. The new version of the menu manager checks whether or not it is removing table rows when trimming the table.
- Incorrect CodeEditor preview: The preview pop-up that is used in the CodeEditor, did not display HTML tables in the document in exactly the same way as the real page view would show them. This small markup error is solved by some improvements in the CSS-code.
- Nameless items: Newly added documents, accounts, menu items and languages are nameless by default (empty string). They used to have a default name.
Small optimisations and alterations that have no influence on the user experience, are not shown in the overview above. You can reveal these differences yourself, by downloading different RenovatioCMS versions and comparing them using WinMerge.